The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
June 17, 2016
Water workouts and aquatic therapy offer a wide variety of health benefits, too, and bonus – they’re great for people of all shapes, sizes, and ability levels when it comes to recovering from sports injuries, joint pain or injury, post-surgical recovery, orthopedic conditions and injury, and more.
More big benefits of aquatic therapy:
- Decreases stress on the joints, allowing for a fuller range of motion thanks to buoyancy
- Hydrostatic pressure helps to decrease muscle and joint swelling
- Low-impact water resistance helps build strength without the use of weights
- Warm water helps encourage and promote circulation and decreases muscle tension
- Lessens pain sensitivity
- Helps rebuild muscle memory
Sovereign Rehabilitation offers aquatic therapy programs to help treat a wide variety conditions, as well as reduce pain, increase range of motion, encourage low-impact movement, and promote healing.
Call any one of our metro area offices today to learn more about our aquatic rehabilitation programs today!
Posted on behalf of Sovereign Rehabilitation
Circle Us on Google+
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 225
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 835-3340