Water For Your Strength And Rehabilitation
April 9, 2018
We all know the benefits of drinking plenty of water for optimal health and strength, but did you know there are many benefits to performing activities in the water as well? Swimming has many benefits for your body and health. Read below for some of the benefits of swimming and aquatic therapy.
Benefits of Swimming
- Going swimming offers you strength and cardio benefits. The resistance that your muscles get against the water strengthens your muscles. In addition, while swimming, you are forced to stay at the top of the water, which provides you with a cardio workout as well.
- Swimming is a low impact activity for your joints and body.
- Swimming builds your lung and breathing ability and endurance for other cardio activities like running.
- Swimming is a wonderful way to reduce stress. It can provide you with a sense of calm and relaxation when submerged or floating.
- Swimming allows you to work on muscles and movements you might often neglect. It will help develop your deep stabilizing muscles in your core and back as well.
Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Aquatic therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of medical conditions.
- Aquatic therapy will improve your muscle tone and strength due to the resistance that the water naturally provides.
- Aquatic therapy will increase your cardiovascular ability and function while also reducing the impact that it caused on your musculoskeletal system.
- Aquatic therapy can increase your flexibility and range of motion, balance and coordination.
- Aquatic therapy is very beneficial for elderly patients and for patients recovering from surgery as well.
Sovereign Rehabilitation knows that water is an asset in the rehabilitation process. If you’re looking for effective aquatic rehabilitation and therapy, contact us at Sovereign Rehabilitation. We make life feel better!
Posted on behalf of Sovereign Rehabilitation
Circle Us on Google+
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 225
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 835-3340