If you have plantar fasciitis, you are among many other people who have it as well. It is a common cause of heel pain involving the inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes.
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis
- Stabbing pain in the bottom of your foot and near your heel.
- The pain is usually the worst right after you wake up in the morning.
- Pain can be triggered when you stand for long periods or rise from sitting.
- Pain usually occurs after exercise, not during it.
If you have plantar fasciitis, it’s important to get treatment for it as soon as you can. Ignoring it has the potential to result in chronic heel pain that can eventually hinder your regular activities. Our Certified Manual Therapists at Sovereign Rehabilitation can efficiently and carefully provide you with treatments and therapy programs that are focused on treating your symptoms and the underlying cause of your problem. We also will help you ensure that you will not have future problems with it as well.
In addition to the therapy you receive at Sovereign Rehabilitation, you can also try lifestyle and home remedies to relieve the symptoms of plantar fasciitis.
- Stretch your arches
- Use ice
- Avoid wearing worn-out athletic shoes
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Wear supportive shoes
Contact Sovereign Rehabilitation to schedule your appointment to treat your Plantar Fasciitis.
Posted on behalf of Sovereign Rehabilitation
Circle Us on Google+
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 225
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 835-3340