Sovereign Rehabilitation is your place to go if you or a loved one is suffering from Parkinson’s Disease. You can depend on our experienced professionals to focus on treating your symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease with care using our comprehensive physical and rehabilitation programs.
If you’re wondering if you or a loved one has Parkinson’s Disease there are common signs and symptoms to look for. These symptoms generally develop gradually over several years. Keep in mind that the progression of symptoms often is different from one person to another due to the range of the disease. Some symptoms are related to movement or unrelated to movement. Typically people experience tremors first, but others may experience problems with balance instead.
Some Common Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease May Include:
- Bradykinesia – the overall reduction of spontaneous movements.
- Tremors typically occur when at rest. The tremors often occur in your hands (usually one hand more than another). They can also occur in your lower lip, jaw or leg.
- Rigidity can happen in one side of your body or both sides.
- Balance issues
- Small handwriting
- Softness in speech usually occurs
- Weight loss
- Hallucinations and delusions
- Cognitive problems with attention, planning, memory or language
- Abnormal mood symptoms such as: anxiety, depression, apathy, and irritability
- Sleep difficulties
If you’re looking for help in treating your symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease, contact our Atlanta Parkinson’s Disease treatment specialists. Call one of Sovereign Rehabilitations 14 area locations today.
Posted on behalf of Sovereign Rehabilitation
Circle Us on Google+
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 225
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 835-3340