At Sovereign Rehabilitation, we treat patients who suffer from scoliosis. Our therapists are trained in the Schroth Method, which can improve your posture, relieve pain, and help avoid future surgery.
Scoliosis is most known for the curvature of your spine that occurs. One of the manifestations of scoliosis is poor posture. Additionally, one of the goals of the Schroth Method is correct posture. Posture is your body’s alignment and positioning with respect to the forces of gravity. But what is classified as correct posture? (more…)
Here’s a quick guide for you about Scoliosis.
- Scoliosis is a condition of side-to-side spinal curves.
- Your spine will look more like a letter “S” or a “C” rather than a straight line.
- The curvature in your spine can make your shoulders, hips or waist appear unbalanced. One of your shoulder blades or trunk muscles may be more prominent as well.
- More than 80 percent of all people who suffer from Scoliosis have never suffered from an injury to cause it. When there is an undetermined cause for your Scoliosis, it is called Idiopathic Scoliosis.
- There are two other primary classifications of Scoliosis: congenital and neuromuscular.