If you’re an athlete, it can be the most invigorating thing you ever do in life. Your sport of choice allows you to work as a team, experience victories and defeats and helps you remain strong and fit. There are times when your sport can lead you into professionally playing for financial gain as well.
If you’re an athlete and you’ve been taken out of your sport due to injury it can have a lot of negative consequences for you. If you’re a professional athlete, an injury can cause a lack of income as well. Coming back after an injury is hard work, but worth it.
Men’s Journal lists 13 Athletes Who Made Amazing Comebacks After Career-threatening Injuries
- Tiger Woods – a double stress fracture of his left tibia and numerous back issues and surgeries
- Peyton Manning – multiple neck injuries and spinal fusion surgery
- Adrian Peterson – ACL and MCL injuries
- Paul George – compound tibia-fibula fracture
- Brian O’Driscoll – elbow, knee, calf, back, hip and shoulder injuries
- John Orozco – torn Achilles
- Buster Posey – fractured fibula and torn ligaments in his ankle
- Laquon Treadwell – knee injury
- Tom Brady – torn ACL and MCL in left knee
- Giancarlo Stanton – facial fractures, lacerations, and dental damage
- Kerri Strug – torn ankle ligaments
- Victor Cruz – torn patellar tendon
- Jamaal Charles – ACL injury
We hope this list of athletes who have had a comeback is inspiring to you if you’ve suffered from a sports injury. If you live in Atlanta, Georgia and you’ve been injured in a sports accident, call Sovereign Rehabilitation. We are your trusted partner for orthopedic and sports rehabilitation therapy. Our multiple Atlanta locations will help you conveniently and effectively make a come back into your sport. Call us today.
Posted on behalf of Sovereign Rehabilitation
5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Suite 225
Atlanta, GA 30342
Phone: (404) 835-3340